Wednesday, October 28, 2009

By Oiva


My name is Murongah Oiva. I’m a fifteen year old boy I’m schooling at Rundu Secondary School. It’s the biggest school in town and the oldest school, I really like my school because they teach me a lot of things, that’s why I going to teach you guys the way teenagers write SMS’s here.

In Kavango Region schools we use Rukwangali as our first language and English as our second language. English has been our national language after we adopted it after independence. Here are some funny lyrics and stories the way teenagers communicate here.

“De ws a mn wu wnt in exle 4 svn yrs an whn he returnd frnm de exle he cme 2 fnd out tht de mthr ws dead, en de uncl ws de only 1 wu had all de in4mtin about hr dead mthr de uncle cul nat tlk en de nephw ws nat gud in sign language………”

Those are some hints on how we use English in Namibia.

This type of spelling is mostly used by the young people. It looks very familiar to the English man but he won’t understand what the content is trying to picture.

I thank you for passing by my blog and finding out more about the language.

As for me that’s all I have for you, for more information on this just reach me at ma email mohenns@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed your blog. If you are interested in online education resources, you can try: Online Tutoring Thanks!

    ReplyDelete