Monday, October 12, 2009

By Nadia


My name is Nadia. My parents gave me this name because of my smile. My grandmother had a pal who was an Indian. Her name was Nadia. When she died my Grandmother decided to name me Nadia, because my smile resemble hers (I mean her Indian pal).


I was born in a small village called Sambyu. There are few people living there, open space and many trees and grass. Life in Sambyu is very bad, because there aren’t lot of people to talk to, play with and assist you when you need to do something. People spend their time going to the field and plowing. Most grow plants like mahangu and maize, which are similar to corn. Some build huts. My parents didn’t have a farm in Sambyu. My parents aren’t staying there anymore; they moved to town (Rundu) when I was 5 years old. Since then I haven’t gone back to my village and I don’t know how it looks now.
Nadia is in grade 11 at Rundu Secondary School
She can be reached at nadiakantema@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment