Monday, October 12, 2009

By Elizabeth

Namibia is a brave country. I think this country was chosen from the green garden. Growing up in Namibia is very nice due to the fact that I regard my country as a holy country. It’s peaceful and it’s more or less like a paradise. The fact is that Namibia is a country with a low rate of crime.

During my spare time I go to the river to swim with my buddies. The weather is always sunny and hot. We only receive rain during summer and cool weather during spring. The good part of being a Namibian is that we have a lot of entertainment, for instance local musicians like Gazza, the Dogg, and many more.

At my school, every learner is expected to behave properly. I’m attending school at Rundu Senior Secondary School. I’m very proud of my school. We wear white and maroon with pride and dignity. The special thing about our school is that teachers make sure that they give us enough education . We also have access to internet, which is new compared to the past. Each learner have a responsibility at school I dislike drinking alcohol, gossiping, insulting and being interrupted when I’m busy. One challenge I face is that in our country teenagers are involving themselves in sexual activities, and many girls become pregnant. This year so far, 26 girls from my school have become pregnant.


Elizabeth is in grade 11 at Rundu Secondary School
She can be reached at rmaketje@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment